Friday, 23 January 2009

kin'yōbi

In three weeks I'll be here:
















Los Angeles! I have no idea what happens when I
get there. I'm meeting Will at the airport. His
flight gets in like 5 hours before mine. Then
what? I have no idea. I have no hostel booked.
Nor any immediate plan. All I know is I wanna have
bought an RV and be out of California by the end
of February. We shall see.

Finding a vehicle is meant to be the easy part.
Insuring it is going to be the problem. The
rules are, you need a permanent address to
register and insure a car in America.

Obviously this is something we don't have, although
Will seems sure we can use his friends address.
The other issue is that Will doesn't drive.
The initial problem with this is that our insurance
will be sky high because I'm both under 25 and a
foreigner.

Long term, it also means I'm going to be doing
A LOT of driving if we do what we want to do,
and drive all the way to New York/Boston and
even possibly into Canada, and then all
the way back and into Mexico.

It's pretty much impossible to make any definite
plans, seeing as a lot depends on how long Will
and I can tolerate each other. At minimum, I'll
be away three months. Potentially, it could be
well over a year.

I'd rather not come back in the winter again though.
That really sucked.

I've got a bunch of stuff to do before I go. But most
of it can wait til the day before I leave, as usual.

I'm excited! I hope I get to see a celeb. I want to
touch one. I might try and develop an unhealthy
obsession with one before I leave.


I'm thinking Emile Hirsch. He'll be so flattered he'll
marry me.

1 comment: